• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robbiesmom54545

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I am being sued in small claims court for $1200, for a medical bill which at the moment I cant pay. I am supposed to go to court today, and also file a written statement. How do I file a written statement? I rely on public transportation and don't have enough money to get the the courthouse, what happens if I dont show up? Can I just call? What happens in small claims court? Will there just be a judgement against me? Or will I go to jail for not showing up? I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant, about to be a single mom and I dont know what to do.

Last edited:

Happy Trails

robbiesmom54545 said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I am being sued in small claims court for $1200, for a medical bill which at the moment I cant pay. I am supposed to go to court today, and also file a written statement. How do I file a written statement? I rely on public transportation and don't have enough money to get the the courthouse, what happens if I dont show up? Can I just call? What happens in small claims court? Will there just be a judgement against me? Or will I go to jail for not showing up? I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant, about to be a single mom and I dont know what to do.
You won't go to jail.

Info. link:
http://www.co.dane.wi.us/clrkcort/smclaim.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">