• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmcdougall

I am being sued in small claims court for $10,000 by private grade school my children formerly attended. I had a verbal agreement with the principle that if I provided funds in donations or monies my childrens tuition would be free. I brought in over $25,000 in donations and monies to the school. He claims he has no records. I have written and notarized affadavit from former Home and School Treasurer that supports the $25,000 as well as she was present when Principle agreed to free tuition.

My questions are as follows:

1. I have bill from schools account that shows $9300, owed not $10,000. How can he sue for $10,000.
2. Do I bring affdavits to court or file them?
3. Isn't the school in some type of violation by not having records of these donations???

Please help.

Thanks Carlota L. McDougall

HomeGuru

I am being sued in small claims court for $10,000 by private grade school my children formerly attended. I had a verbal agreement with the principle that if I provided funds in donations or monies my childrens tuition would be free. I brought in over $25,000 in donations and monies to the school. He claims he has no records. I have written and notarized affadavit from former Home and School Treasurer that supports the $25,000 as well as she was present when Principle agreed to free tuition.

My questions are as follows:

1. I have bill from schools account that shows $9300, owed not $10,000. How can he sue for $10,000.
2. Do I bring affdavits to court or file them?
3. Isn't the school in some type of violation by not having records of these donations???

Please help.

Thanks Carlota L. McDougall

**A: please read posting instructions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">