• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP!! Broken Private Home Sale Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firephoenix74

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I have to go to court this Tues at 9:00 a.m. so this is really important!!
I am suing my Aunt and Uncle, they begged us to sell our home to them, which we did, then they didnt pay, then they said the home was "not in good enough shape" - which I have proof that it was/is - then they said that they couldnt afford it - but they moved to another home, which is more expensive. They have a history of this - 2 other previous cases - but the last Judge I spoke to (as ours passed away) said to mediate. I do not want to do this, I want to have them repay me. They did not get any of thier paperwork in on time, the Interrogatories (which I sent to them in August) - they return to me in Dec. The house was sold to them in an "as is" condition, they accepted that, signed the paperwork and all, now they are saying that they have little or no income and they do not want to pay for the house. Also, can the house be returned to them, as I do not want to keep paying for a home I do not live in now. Please answer this as I am going to court in 3 days - thank you..or email me and in the subject box write -- BROKEN PRIVATE SALE - thank you -- [email protected]

JETX

firephoenix74 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan
I have to go to court this Tues at 9:00 a.m. so this is really important!!
I am suing my Aunt and Uncle, they begged us to sell our home to them, which we did, then they didnt pay, then they said the home was "not in good enough shape" - which I have proof that it was/is - then they said that they couldnt afford it - but they moved to another home, which is more expensive. They have a history of this - 2 other previous cases - but the last Judge I spoke to (as ours passed away) said to mediate. I do not want to do this, I want to have them repay me. They did not get any of thier paperwork in on time, the Interrogatories (which I sent to them in August) - they return to me in Dec. The house was sold to them in an "as is" condition, they accepted that, signed the paperwork and all, now they are saying that they have little or no income and they do not want to pay for the house. Also, can the house be returned to them, as I do not want to keep paying for a home I do not live in now. Please answer this as I am going to court in 3 days - thank you..or email me and in the subject box write -- BROKEN PRIVATE SALE - thank you -- [email protected]
Clearly, there are several issues in this case... and they are very likely complex. So, what does your attorney say in all of this???

firephoenix74

Help!!

There are many different aspects to this case, but to me it boils down to one thing - they are trying to get out of paying the money - my uncle even went as far as saying to the Judge that he is a Veteran with a heart condition. As for our lawyer, I am the lawyer lol!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">