• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Finding The Right Court To Sue- Besides Small Claim Court, What Other Courts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

komme

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Can someone tell me (besides small claim court which I do not want) what other courts exist to sue a compnay for around $ 500,000.00?

I was being falsely accused by a store, and cop came used foul language talking to me in the store. Store still got some of items which I paid for showed on my receipt. I took those items off my carts and they said they were not showing on the receipt and when I got home some of them they said were not paid for were indeed showed on my receipt. Besides, store cash registers didn't work well caused all that drama, which I had nothing to do with.

I got falsely accused because I was argued too much for receipt. Cop came without even listen to me and started to patch me down, check me out for guns and headed to back room and charged me with theft.

Note: This post is not to discuss the false accusation, but to know how to take the retail store to court and charge them with stealing me and falsely accuse me; cop came in the store used foul and threatening of doing this and that to me to scare me. That's what my case will be about.

But I will need help on how to take this to a bigger court then small claim court. I will need to know what " Form" I need to ask when I get into the court, or what " Title chapter and code" to base my case on, etc...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

I'm sorry, but on what are you basing that amount of damages?

Per your other thread, you have absolutely nothing at all....

komme

Believe, I have. Except if the judge is racist

I'm sorry, but on what are you basing that amount of damages?

Per your other thread, you have absolutely nothing at all....
I have seen cases that could describe as nonsense in the news many times where people either sued or tried to sue companies, and many of them are successful. Case such as " coffee was too hot"; " out of date products"; etc... for example. But this one is much more legitimate then those cases:

Cop came into the store with intention to scare by threatening of beating me; store stolen me and accused me of theft because I was argued about I need a receipt for payment of items I was paid for, which store said I didn't pay.

Checked my card balance next day, and I found out I was charged on that register for a transaction I was asking, which store told me that was voided and cancelled by me.

I did not void anything, and no customers can void items on their own without someone working in the store came to finish the voiding transaction on the register.

CAUGHT ON AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDED AND PLUS STORE CAMERA VIDEOS- THE YOU SAID I HAVE NO CASE HERE?? UNLESS THIS COUNTRY IS DICTATORSHIPS RULERS LIKE MANY OTHER COUNTRIES, I DON'T SEE WHY I HAVE NO CASE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Proserpina

I have seen cases that nonsense in the new and where people either sued or tried to sue, where many of them are successful. Case such as " coffee was too hot". But this one is much more legitimate then those cases:

Cop came into the store with intention to scare me; store stolen me and accused me of theft because I was argued about I need a receipt for payment of items I was paid for, which store said I didn't pay.

Checked my card balance next day, and I found out I was charged on that register for a transaction I was asking, which store told me that was voided and cancelled by me.

I did not void anything, and no customers can void items on their own without someone working in the store came to finish the voiding transaction on the register.

The hot coffee?

You want to bring up that lawsuit?

Allow me, please, to share.

The woman in that case suffered THIRD DEGREE BURNS to her genital area, from a product that was PROVEN to be substantially hotter than other vendors in the same locale. Did you even bother to read up about that case? I guess not.

YOU on the other hand, have no lawsuit.

But please, feel free to contact a local attorney. Good luck!

komme

A dictatorship like system like the most, that's all

the hot coffee?

You want to bring up that lawsuit?

Allow me, please, to share.

The woman in that case suffered third degree burns to her genital area, from a product that was proven to be substantially hotter than other vendors in the same locale. Did you even bother to read up about that case? I guess not.

You on the other hand, have no lawsuit.

But please, feel free to contact a local attorney. Good luck!
like i said:

Caught on audio and video recorded and plus store camera videos- then you said i have no case here??

Unless this country is dictatorships rulers like many other countries, i don't see why i have no case!

Proserpina

LIKE I SAID:

CAUGHT ON AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDED AND PLUS STORE CAMERA VIDEOS- THEN YOU SAID I HAVE NO CASE HERE??

UNLESS THIS COUNTRY IS DICTATORSHIPS RULERS LIKE MANY OTHER COUNTRIES, I DON'T SEE WHY I HAVE NO CASE!

Okey dokey.

I'm sure you can pay an attorney lots and lots of money to fight your fight.

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Can someone tell me (besides small claim court which I do not want) what other courts exist to sue a compnay for around $ 500,000.00?
If you want to sue the store, that would be in an Ohio state court. If you want to sue the cop for a civil rights violation, that would be in the United States District Court Northern District of Ohio or United States District Court Southern District of Ohio

I will need to know what " Form" I need to ask when I get into the court
You want to file a complaint. This is not a form, you need to type it up in the correct format, starting with blank paper. It's not a fill-in-the-blanks.
what " Title chapter and code" to base my case on
For the federal claim, you would likely use Title 42, Section 1983 of the US code.

You will want to familiarize yourself with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. If you do file a complaint, I suspect you will become intimately familiar with Rule 12(b)(6).

tranquility

Even if a federal question (civil rights), the OP can sue in state court too. The other side will probably remove, but I don't see any potential liability to the police here.

As to the $500,000, I suspect the OP will not be able to prove up damages to that extent. Prove. Up. Damages.

Clearly the OP is deranged or has a lot of time on her hands. It is time to move on. The store will not settle. Heck, the OP is wise to not sue until the statute of limitations runs on her crime. Her required testimony in the suit can be used against her in a criminal trial. And, since her story is easily provable true or false using information not in her control (EBT card use record.), she should be very careful in case she is.....mistaken....about what happened.

Antigone*

Even if a federal question (civil rights), the OP can sue in state court too. The other side will probably remove, but I don't see any potential liability to the police here.

As to the $500,000, I suspect the OP will not be able to prove up damages to that extent. Prove. Up. Damages.

Clearly the OP is deranged or has a lot of time on her hands. It is time to move on. The store will not settle. Heck, the OP is wise to not sue until the statute of limitations runs on her crime. Her required testimony in the suit can be used against her in a criminal trial. And, since her story is easily provable true or false using information not in her control (EBT card use record.), she should be very careful in case she is.....mistaken....about what happened.

I completely agree, especially with the bolded.:cool: A quick look at the posting history and now I'm certain we can bust out the tin foil hat.

Last edited:
It sounds like the cop threatened to beat a confession out of the OP..not a trivial issue at all. The other stuff are not suited to a cause of action but certainly would be part of the subject matter.

Police can do a lot of things but threaten to harm you if you do not do what they want is not one of them.

Sue them in your state circuit court or federal court -- I would go state & with a jury if its in a big city.

tranquility

Police can do a lot of things but threaten to harm you if you do not do what they want is not one of them.
Actually, verbal threats is on most departments' use of force continuum. Society finds the unsavory nature of a police threat is far less problematical than a nightstick upside the head. (Realizing no police officer would use his nightstick in such an unapproved way.)

Threats and lies are both approved interrogation techniques.
Threats are OK .. but they cannot threaten to beat you if you do not confess. I believe that this is called intimidation & its a felony. And it may open the officers to a personal suit.

Post-TSA .. people think that the government can do anything lol.

If you find case law supporting the claim that cops can threaten to beat you to confess please post it.

Proserpina

Threats are OK .. but they cannot threaten to beat you if you do not confess. I believe that this is called intimidation & its a felony. And it may open the officers to a personal suit.

Post-TSA .. people think that the government can do anything lol.

If you find case law supporting the claim that cops can threaten to beat you to confess please post it.

Please post case law or statute supporting your claim.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">