• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help I need direction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greatstarlet

What is the name of your state? California

I have a question as to how to approach a situation I have encountered. Couple years ago I paid for a reception hall to be used for an event. Unfortunately the event did not take place because and emergency family siituation occured. I spoke to the management team about what had happened and they stated that I would get a refund of what I paid minus my deposit. I was told that I would lose my deposit if I cancelled my event and I am fully aware of it. But the deposit was only around $1500.00, but I paid a total of about $6700.00 for the event. So in reality I am owed a refund of about $5000.00 or so. I had kept in contact with the management department in charge of refunds and who deal with these situations and was told by a manager that I can come in any time to receive my refund. A refund cannot be given by mail. I did inform the manager that I would stop by the reservations and catering office, which is where my refund was going to be given to me, in June when I returned from school. (I went away to school and returned after a couple of years) The manager said it was fine. When I came back and decided to go see the manager the building was not there anymore. The building was tore down several months back and I was not informed of that. For the past 24 hours I have been trying to find out what happened and all I know is that the company closed its doors and did not tell anyone. Many people had events planned and they too were not informed about this. These people had events scheduled and this business just closed its doors on people that had events scheduled months after the closure. Mainly people had scheduled weddings, Sweet 15s, anniversaries, etc. What can I do? I want my refund and I am sure all people who had events scheduled there want a refund as well. The place is called Sequoia Athletic Club and Conference Center located in Buena Park, CA. Please advise as to what I can do?????

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">