• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with my son who is being Sued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Angeleyesnc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina.
My son now 18 was asked to stay with a friend of his and to help babysit. She asked him to take her kids which are his friends back and forth to work and school. He was 17 at the time while driving he was hit by a tractor trailer truck and was given a ticket which was dismissed. Now 6 months later she is suing him for it. She had a 1995 Toyota Tercel which was not in all that great of condition she is asking $2,200 for the car and $571.91 for 2 days loss of work.She claimed she took two days off to get me to sign a paper forcing him to pay for it. I explained to her that she gave him the keys and that it was between them. She is an adult and should have known better. We live in NC she gave him the keys to her car to take care of her Children and was mad when he had to come back home because his School was getting ready to start. Is he responsible for paying for the car and her lost wages which in my opinion is way to much for the both?

Angeleyesnc

Sued

Yes she had insurance on the car and he was given a ticket for being on cell phone and not seeing the accident before it happend. Both of them were dropped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">