• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Needed about contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mr_X

Hi, I hope this is in the right place. I recently loaned some one $4900 and we had a contract saying the money must be payed within a week on request, well basically he doesnt have it so I have come up with a new contract I will propose to him. by the way he has payed me back $700 of what was owed. I have little knowledge about contract law so I will post the contract I have written up with the names blanked out. I am just curious as to weather this contract would be Ok is court or any improvemts that could be made, I plan on getting it signed by 2 JP's. By the way I live in Australia, So here it is:

I ____ agree I owe ____ the sum of $4,200. Due to the fact funds are not available to ____ in a lump sum as agreed in the original contract the following contract will now take the original contracts place thus voiding the original contract.

I ____ agree to pay ____ $70 per week, this will be deducted from the total amount owed as paid. I shall pay this until;

• The total amount owed is equal to $0
• The funds required to repay what is owed become available at which point what is owed will be payed in a lump sum
• A lump sum of the remaining money owed is requested by ____ at this point it shall be payed within a month. If it is not payed within this time 5% interest will be added per week from the original amount owed (i.e. $4,200)

The money shall be payed weekly by Friday, if it is not a it will be considered a breach of contract . If a breach of contract occurs a total of 5% interest will be added to the original amount of money owed (i.e. $4,200) as a penalty for the breach, therefore each breach will increase the amount owed by $210.

By signing my name I agree to everything stated in this legally binding contract.

Name

Signature

Witness Signature

Date

Name

Signature

Witness Signature

Date

JETX

Sorry, but your suggested 'contract' is NOT legally binding.
Just some of the problems are:
1) You make no mention of goanna's, kultarr's or dunnart's.
2) You forgot to include who was to furnish the required case of 'Coopers Premium Ale' for the signing and the place of signing. I suggest 'Brekkie Creek' in Brisbane.
3) And finally, you forgot to state who was to furnish the powdered wigs!!!

Oh, and one more thing you forgot.... this forum is for US law only, mate. ;)

M

Mr_X

ok well our laws are very similar I belive in this matter. So rather than being a racist and a smart ass, how bout u actually help out as this is a serious matter to me. Cheers, Mate. :mad:

JETX

Mr_X said:
ok well our laws are very similar I belive in this matter. So rather than being a racist and a smart ass, how bout u actually help out as this is a serious matter to me. Cheers, Mate. :mad:
Can't be too serious, you bloody wanker!! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">