• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Needed ASAP! What would you do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

b_waggles

What is the name of your state?WA

Okay. 4 weeks ago there I had 4 people over at my apartment for a brief amount of time...about 20 minutes to be exact. Somehow a soda can was supposedly thrown at a new car that was in the neighboring parking lot and caused damage of about 1700.00. The only way that the can was told to be mine was because of a girl that was in my house...she was a neighbor of mine, told the victim that it was my can ...

The police came and took the report, and there were NO WITNESSES or anything, so they coudltn arrest me! All they know is that it is my can, and they they THINK that it did the damage and now they are taking me to small claims court and trying to sue me saying that since it was my can at one time, they said I AM RESPONSIBLE? Can they even use that to convict me? I have witnesses that I didnt do this... Yes, it was my can, but am I responsible for the damage?

There was also ohter forms of vandalism that night on the other parts of the house...I dont know what to do?!?!

Please reply asap! Thanks!

Happy Trails

b_waggles said:

Okay. 4 weeks ago there I had 4 people over at my apartment for a brief amount of time...about 20 minutes to be exact. Somehow a soda can was supposedly thrown at a new car that was in the neighboring parking lot and caused damage of about 1700.00. The only way that the can was told to be mine was because of a girl that was in my house...she was a neighbor of mine, told the victim that it was my can ...

The police came and took the report, and there were NO WITNESSES or anything, so they coudltn arrest me! All they know is that it is my can, and they they THINK that it did the damage and now they are taking me to small claims court and trying to sue me saying that since it was my can at one time, they said I AM RESPONSIBLE? Can they even use that to convict me? I have witnesses that I didnt do this... Yes, it was my can, but am I responsible for the damage?

There was also ohter forms of vandalism that night on the other parts of the house...I dont know what to do?!?!

When they take you to small claims court they will have the burden of proving you were responsible for damaging the car.

If you know who did it you should have told the police.

ENASNI

again..

I said this before I will say it again... why do they call sodas Soft drinks when they can do so much damage... :confused:

Happy Trails

ENASNI said:
I said this before I will say it again... why do they call sodas Soft drinks when they can do so much damage... :confused:
I think it's because of the carbon dioxide gas, it goes off like a bomb (I think). :p

S

seniorjudge

b_waggles said:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=238439

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=233303

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=238691

Triple post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">