• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

npete22

What is the name of your state (Florida)?

Hi, I am new to these forums and I am not sure if this is the proper place for this. Anyways, I am hoping somebody can help me.

My girlfriend and her roommate do not get along. And her roommates boyfriend is over quite a bit. This past weekend my gf's cat was missing and she got a text from a number (soon found out to be her roommate's bf's friend's #) saying that he took the cat. He didn't think she would find out who it was. After my gf found out that they took it, she texted her roommate's bf asking for it back and there was some name calling and such. Then, on a text message, her roommate's bf sends a death threat. It wasn't flat out but, my gf's mom died a while back and the kid knows this so he said I'm going to put you where your mom is.

Now if someone could answer this for me, I am curious as to what will happen if we press charges for both of these things. The first for the cat theft (with a few text messages from the kid saying he took it as proof) and the death threat (also on a text as proof). Thank you for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">