• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help some advice..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

liquidskin

Need some advice..

FROM NJ

Hey everyone.. Heres my situation.

A "friend" of mine was selling something on eBay.. he wanted to receive the payment for the item via PayPal (it sold for 135 dollars). His account was having some issues so he asked me if I could accept the payment.. I accepted, and sent him the payment when he got his account fixed. This was all almost a month ago.. yesterday I get a message from PayPal that the buyer has filed a dispute that the item was never shipped. This means the 135 dollars was taken from my account. The "friend" says the item was shipped, but Im not believing him. I checked his feedback on eBay and he had 2 negatives as a seller, not including this one. He is apparently trying to scam people on there and thought he could get over on me.

My question is this.. do I have a case? I would guess that this would goto small claims court.. Im not sure if its over enough money though. Keep in mind we are both from New Jersey and that he is a minor. If you think I should take this to court, what steps should I take? I have never taken legal action against someone. If this isnt worthy of going to court, what should I do? Hes only going to keep lying to me... I was thinking maybe to write a letter to his father. I hope someone can help me out a bit here, I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">