• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with a SUPENA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thewizardman

undefinedCALIFORNIAWhat is the name of your state?I WAS RENTING A SPACE IN A STORAGE FACILITY. ONE DAY IT BURNT DOWN,ALL CONENTS AND BUILDING GONE. WE RECIEVED THE ARSON REPORT THAT LIST THE PERSONS NAME THAT STAARTED THE FIRE BUT NO ADRESS OR PHONE. THE STORAGE CORPORATE OFFICE WILL NOT RELEASE THE INFO. wE WANT TO SUE THE PERSON IN SMALL CLAIMS BUT CANNOT GET THAT PERSONS ADDRESS TO SERVE PAPERS.I FIGURE I NEED TO SERVE THE STORAGE FACILITY A SUPENA TO PRODUCE THE PERSONS NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU

JMPS

Burnt Down Storage

Arizona-
A Subpoena is to bring in a person to testify. A Small Claims is a legal disput between two people. People often rent storage spaces and use them as a address. Being a process server myself, I have seen this done a lot. The information that the Rental Company has might not be current. But you are right; it is the best place to start. In California, a person that is not in connection with the case can serve documents for a case. You can serve up to 10 documents a year before you need to obtain a Process Server license. If you feel that the address that you get from this rental company is a valid one, then you can serve your documents upon that address. Otherwise you need to seek help from either a Skiptracer or Investigator (there is a difference). By the way, there is law in California that only allows you have two court cases if the amount is over $2500.00 for each case (if there is 3 then just higher filing fees).
[email protected]

JMPS said:
Arizona-
A Subpoena is to bring in a person to testify. A Small Claims is a legal disput between two people. People often rent storage spaces and use them as a address. Being a process server myself, I have seen this done a lot. The information that the Rental Company has might not be current. But you are right; it is the best place to start. In California, a person that is not in connection with the case can serve documents for a case. You can serve up to 10 documents a year before you need to obtain a Process Server license. If you feel that the address that you get from this rental company is a valid one, then you can serve your documents upon that address. Otherwise you need to seek help from either a Skiptracer or Investigator (there is a difference). By the way, there is law in California that only allows you have two court cases if the amount is over $2500.00 for each case (if there is 3 then just higher filing fees).
[email protected]
As a process server JMPS, have you never served a Subponea Duces Tecum?

thewizardman, do not post in all caps. It is rude to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">