• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

helped sister when shes in need

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gomikey88

OH (only U.S. law)?
Hello and thanks for your advice in advance. :D
three months ago i let my dads step daughter borrow my girlfriends expensive graco carseat. i called after a month of letting her borrow it, to let her know that we need it back because our baby is getting big enough to use it now. everytime i called she was "never around" or said "yeh she will bring it over".
i drove to my step sisters house last night to try to get it and she answered the door and said im on the phone with the cops and they said its mine now and i dont have to give it to you. i should have asked to talk to them because i think she was "bullshi*ing. can i call the police and ask them to go help me get my property back or is this gonna have to go to small claims
? please help im in hot water with the old lady. sorry for all the run on sentences.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OH (only U.S. law)?
Hello and thanks for your advice in advance. :D
three months ago i let my dads step daughter borrow my girlfriends expensive graco carseat. i called after a month of letting her borrow it, to let her know that we need it back because our baby is getting big enough to use it now. everytime i called she was "never around" or said "yeh she will bring it over".
i drove to my step sisters house last night to try to get it and she answered the door and said im on the phone with the cops and they said its mine now and i dont have to give it to you. i should have asked to talk to them because i think she was "bullshi*ing. can i call the police and ask them to go help me get my property back or is this gonna have to go to small claims
? please help im in hot water with the old lady. sorry for all the run on sentences.
Buy another one quite frankly. You don't know what wear and tear it has gone through.

Also who did you give the car seat to and arrange for the "borrowing" -- your stepsister OR your dad?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">