• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

helping out a friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

genasims

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california
I lent a friend 6400.00. I have asked him to pay me back now because I am in the same situation now that he was in a year ago. I lent him 2500.00 the first time for his lawyers fees, then another 2500.00 for additional lawyers fees. Mrs nice person that I am lent him another 1400.00 to put tires on his truck. He thinks for what ever reason because he has his own bills to pay he is not able to pay me back. But yet he has taken trips to New York and so on. What can I do without having written documentation that I gave him this money. Friends of both of us know of me giving him this money. We had a verbal understanding that he would pay me back asap. Not once has he tried. I told him I was going to take him to small claims. He responded that would be the worst mistake I ever made. What do you recommend for me to do? Please help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">