• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hershey

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Worried_Momma

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My sister purchased a dog, a chocolate lab, a few months ago but left her in my care, i have trained this dog, bought it food, and chew toys ect. She is claiming it is still her dog even though she does not take care of her, if i took it to small claims or some kind of custody hearing would i win? what would i need if i did?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My sister purchased a dog, a chocolate lab, a few months ago but left her in my care, i have trained this dog, bought it food, and chew toys ect. She is claiming it is still her dog even though she does not take care of her, if i took it to small claims or some kind of custody hearing would i win? what would i need if i did?
What reason did she leave the dog in your care?

W

Worried_Momma

She was not allowed to have her where she was currently living, but now she can and has made no effort to get her, nor even offer to repay me for all that i have purchased to care for this animal.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
She was not allowed to have her where she was currently living, but now she can and has made no effort to get her, nor even offer to repay me for all that i have purchased to care for this animal.
I think you'd have a 50/50 shot, more or less, of winning in SCC. Give it a try...but only claim the expenses you incurred (ie: Food, vet bills and etc)

W

Worried_Momma

Thanks.

Ok, thanks, i'll not try it right away but if she begins her normal attitude with me i will. She is my sister but that's no excuse to not care for a very loving and intelligent animal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">