• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and Run accident......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SheilaWSaunders

What is the name of your state? Florida
Husband was involved in hit and run. Vehicle info was obtained and driver plead no contest to charge of fleeing scene. Owner of vehicle told ins. company no permission was given to drive vehicle, therefore not covered under policy. Taking owner to small claims court, she did not appear for mediation but judge set aside judgement at later date to hear the case. She has legal representation. She is claiming police report not accurate because both parties left the scene (my husband in pursuit of man who hit him). She now says she did give permission to driver. Drivers wife told officer he left because he was scared, as driver did not bother to call in accident nor stick around at his home (where he drove to with my husband in pursuit) to speak to police. Police report states no one was charged however it states reason for accident was other drivers failure to yield. My question is should we have a lwyer simply because she has one? Is there a basis to her claim that because officer did not see accident the report is wrong? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">