• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Robbery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reaktorblue

Hello there, I am from PA.

This past Tuesday my girlfriend had some so called friends over to help her take a kitchen table out of her car. They had arranged a ride home so after this was finished they relaxed a bit in our house until their ride arrived.

One of the individuals was waiting outside for them and the other one was waiting inside. Without word the one waiting inside got up abruptly and walked towards the door. Something didn't appear to be right but I could not put my finger on it.

Later that night I realized that a bag I had packed from a cross country trip was missing. The bag contents included clothes, a few video games, car charger, and the rest of the cash I had brought, roughly $800.

I immediately had my girlfriend call around and see if these folks had taken my bag. It was confirmed that they did however, when my girlfriend had gotten a hold of one of their mothers (this person was 19) their mother had stated that he had confessed to taking the bag but that he didnt have it anymore because he traded it for weed.

This conversation was about 12:45am or so and naturally in my stress and exhausted state from tearing apart the house for my bag, I decided I needed to figure out what to do in the morning and didn't call the police since I didn't think I'd get my bag back or any of its contents. This was probably a big mistake.

I would like to retrieve my bag and its contents or take this to small claims court for justice but I am unsure what to do. Would I be able to do anything about this crime? If so, what procedure should I follow?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">