• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homestead Writ of Execution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diggingout

What is the name of your state? TX
I own a small carpet cleaning business. I did some work for a customer (a rental property owner) who refused to pay me. I sued in small claims for about $750.00 and won. I have filed the abstract of judgment at my county court house. Here is my question. The man I sued has a homestead exemption on the house. His ex-wife resides in the home. He lives in Dallas. Is it illegal to have a homestead exemption on a house that you are renting out? My understanding is that with a writ of exececution I can force a sale of real property if it is not a person’s homestead. So, if I could prove that it is not his residence, I could use this info to get paid. I do have a written statement from him referring to this house as a rental property. If so, how may I use this information to get paid? Thank you for your help!What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">