• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hopefully Not Screwed Again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rbcm97

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? INDIANA
MY DAUGHTER AND HER BOYFRIEND LEASED FOR 1 YEAR, AN APARTMENT TOGETHER IN JUNE 2004 AND HE BROUGHT HIS ANTIQUE BED. THINGS DIDN'T WORK OUT BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T GET A JOB, SO HE MOVED OUT IN SEPT. 2004 AND LEFT THE BED AND ALOT OF BILLS. MY DAUGHTER KEPT TELLING HIM TO COME AND GET THE BED, BUT NO ONE EVER DID AND 4 OR 5 MONTHS LATER HIS MOTHER STARTED CALLING AND THREATENING TO TAKE HER TO COURT IF SHE DID NOT BRING THE BED TO HER. (MOTHER WAS ON HOUSE ARREST FOR 3 DUI'S IN 1 MONTH) POLICE OFFICERS IN FORT WAYNE TOLD MY DAUGHTER SHE DID NOT HAVE TO GIVE IT BACK AFTER THIS LONG PERIOD OF TIME AND SAID SHE COULD DO WAHT SHE WANTED WITH IT. HE HAD ABANDONED IT. HE ALSO CHARGED 1500. SPEAKERS TO HER CREDIT CARD AND HAS RUINED HER CREDIT BECAUSE HE WON'T PAY IT. WE FIGURED WE'D SELL THE BED AND TRY TO MAKE UP SOME OF THE DEBT HE LEFT HER WITH. ANYWAY COURT IS MONDAY MAY 9TH AND WE'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE JUDGE OR WHAT TO SAY. THANKS

djohnson

First, lose the caps and you will get more responses.

Next, is court where they are sueing her? Was he on the lease also? Can she file suit against him for his half of utilities and rent that he stuck her with? Also for the charges on her credit card? Was the bed his or a gift to them from his family? Did he let her keep it in exchange for the charges etc... and now mom is mad? Do you get the idea?

rbcm97

Hopefully not screwed again

First of all this is only about the bed. I was just giving a little background to the situation. My daughter's ex boyfriend's mother is taking her to small claims court to get the bed back after all these months. It came from her house, but it was his bed. (They just graduated from high school and moved to Fort Wayne to go to college.) They were told several times to come get it and no one ever did. He signed off the lease in Sept. 2004. No he did not give it to her as compensation. But no one ever came and got it. The police there said it was abandoned property and she could do what she wanted with it. I want to know if this is true. She has stored it for all these months. Just wanted the legalities of the situation.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">