• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

horse crazy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

horsenut

What is the name of your state? pa I traded 2 horses for 1 about 3 to 4 months ago. Now the new owner of the one horse has decided that I traded a sick horse for a healthy horse. The horse in question was and still is on medication for a thyroid condition in which she claims I never told her about, however she left the premises with all the necessary medications. The horse in question also is on supplements for a leg injury. The lady has had and traded 20 plus horses in the last 3 years. I'm under the impression once you trade it's a done deal. I offered to take the horse back and trade for another and she said no. She asked if I would take the horse back and sell it and I said yes. She then changed her mind and decided she wanted the original horse that she traded back. I said what if I had sold it. The horse would no longer be available. She seams to think the original horse is worth more money than what she traded for. The problem came about when I asked for the money for the supplements that the horse is on that she picked up from my barn. The total being 209.54. What am I legally entitled to do. I don't want to give back the horse that I received out of the trade. Confused.

S

seniorjudge

horsenut said:
What is the name of your state? pa I traded 2 horses for 1 about 3 to 4 months ago. Now the new owner of the one horse has decided that I traded a sick horse for a healthy horse. The horse in question was and still is on medication for a thyroid condition in which she claims I never told her about, however she left the premises with all the necessary medications. The horse in question also is on supplements for a leg injury. The lady has had and traded 20 plus horses in the last 3 years. I'm under the impression once you trade it's a done deal. I offered to take the horse back and trade for another and she said no. She asked if I would take the horse back and sell it and I said yes. She then changed her mind and decided she wanted the original horse that she traded back. I said what if I had sold it. The horse would no longer be available. She seams to think the original horse is worth more money than what she traded for. The problem came about when I asked for the money for the supplements that the horse is on that she picked up from my barn. The total being 209.54. What am I legally entitled to do. I don't want to give back the horse that I received out of the trade. Confused.

Tell her the horse is not hers anymore so quit bugging you.

horsenut

horsecrazy

Everytime I speak to her on the phone she tells me I need to do what is right and what is right is to give back the horse. I traded a sick horse for a healthy horse and that isn't right, she says. I feel like changing my phone number. P.S. Thanks for the advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">