• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hot checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dowens

I live in Texas. I had someone write me 7 hot checks for merchandise that she purchased on several different occasions. The total from the checks, fees etc was almost $3300. I have messaged from her that she agrees she owes me the money. It has been almost 2 months now and I'm struggling with things due to the money she owes me and it has my bank acct tied up due to it causing it to end up over drawn because of these checks. What is my best course of action to get the money that I'm owed?? Can I charge her interest due to her not repaying me what she owes me when she said she would?? Can I add for the stress and mental anguish that this had caused me?? Thanks you in advance for all your help...

Proserpina

I live in Texas. I had someone write me 7 hot checks for merchandise that she purchased on several different occasions. The total from the checks, fees etc was almost $3300. I have messaged from her that she agrees she owes me the money. It has been almost 2 months now and I'm struggling with things due to the money she owes me and it has my bank acct tied up due to it causing it to end up over drawn because of these checks. What is my best course of action to get the money that I'm owed?? Can I charge her interest due to her not repaying me what she owes me when she said she would?? Can I add for the stress and mental anguish that this had caused me?? Thanks you in advance for all your help...

Do you think anyone is going to believe that you weren't part of the scam?

justalayman

7 bad checks? over what period of time? Local checks must be cleared overnight so unless you took them all on the same day, you knew they were bad checks.

If you took them all the same day, you knew they were bad checks. Nobody makes 7 separate purchases from a merchant in one day.

so, when you first discovered you were scammed and you called the police to make a report they said what.....?

Given that you have converted the bad checks to a loan, you treat it like a loan. If she fails to pay you you sue her......um.....but....

well, just google; clean hands doctrine

I think you are sol and that has nothing to do with statutes or a time limit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">