• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

house got broken into, room mate wants to sue me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

danah

room mate taking me to SCC! help!

What is the name of your state? Florida

Our home got broken into and things were stolen from her and I. She wants to take me to small claims for 2500$ amount of her property stolen. which is what she is saying, proof of this? i dont know. She did not have renters insurance. She was in Kuwait when this happened.

1. Can she sue me for the things that were taken out of our apartment? It just doesnt sound right to me. I just dont understand why i would have to pay her for her things stolen,, when my stuff was also stolen. any help????

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Re: room mate taking me to SCC! help!

danah said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Our home got broken into and things were stolen from her and I. She wants to take me to small claims for 2500$ amount of her property stolen. which is what she is saying, proof of this? i dont know. She did not have renters insurance. She was in Kuwait when this happened.

1. Can she sue me for the things that were taken out of our apartment? It just doesnt sound right to me. I just dont understand why i would have to pay her for her things stolen,, when my stuff was also stolen. any help????
**A: yes she can sue you. Will she win?
Probably not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">