• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to appeal a small claims decision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hollybc

PENNSYLVANIA - I won a case in small claims court in philadelphia for $10000 - but the defendant is appealing - do you know if there's a site on the internet where i can research this process? And, I can't afford a lawyer. What's the best way for me to represent myself? THANKS

Last edited:

FlyingRon

An appeal will result in a de novo hearing in Common Pleas. It would behoove you to have a lawyer at that level. This is not anywhere near as informal as the small claims hearings.

BL

PENNSYLVANIA - I won a case in small claims court in philadelphia for $10000 - but the defendant is appealing - do you know if there's a site on the internet where i can research this process? And, I can't afford a lawyer. What's the best way for me to represent myself? THANKS
You can represent yourself the same as you did at the small claims level.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">