• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I avoid to be sue by my uncle with the phone he provide to me as stolen ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

linh_lam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

I immigrated to US 5 months ago, my uncle help me to sign a prepaid phone under his name and I'll pay for it via him by cash 25 usd /month in 2 years. Because of confliction, I moved out and he asked me to pay full price for this phone and silently report it as stolen. He said if I don't pay full price for him, he will sue me. Could you please give me the advice what should I do in this case ? Because If I pay the full price, he still report it as stolen and I accept to lost 100 usd I gave to him in 4 months in cash.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

I immigrated to US 5 months ago, my uncle help me to sign a prepaid phone under his name and I'll pay for it via him by cash 25 usd /month in 2 years. Because of confliction, I moved out and he asked me to pay full price for this phone and silently report it as stolen. He said if I don't pay full price for him, he will sue me. Could you please give me the advice what should I do in this case ? Because If I pay the full price, he still report it as stolen and I accept to lost 100 usd I gave to him in 4 months in cash.
Give him the phone and get your own.

linh_lam

Thank you for your reply, but how can I give it to him officially. What if he still claim it as stolen ?

linh_lam

Then take a picture of you putting it in his hand...:rolleyes:

Then call him a lying SOB.
Thanks, How about if I send to him via post office ? I got my own phone with new sim card already. He tried to block my new sim card either, so I turn that phone off already.

Last edited:

Nessa2387

If you send it via post office make sure it's certified mail. That way he has to sign that he revived it and you get sent proof of the transaction.

linh_lam

If you send it via post office make sure it's certified mail. That way he has to sign that he revived it and you get sent proof of the transaction.
Thank you for you all suggestion, I decided giving it back to T-mobile store, so they will officially to call him to get it back then.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you for you all suggestion, I decided giving it back to T-mobile store, so they will officially to call him to get it back then.
T-Mobile has no obligation to do anything and I doubt they will help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">