• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I get my money back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mariarm85

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My friends son told me about a business he does where we buy cars fix them and then sell them. I told him I was interested and gave him in cash a 1600 dollars. He waited a month after I gave him the cash to buy the car it was a suburu and he told me that in order to sell it he needed me to give him another 240 dollars more. i gave him the cash he requested in front of five witness . In front of them he also showed me the car and told me he already had someone interested in buying the vehicle.From there on he never wanted to be in contact with me and has ignored me . He refuses giving me the money back or even answer my calls. last time i heard from him he told threaten me because he was angry about me telling his mom ( my friend what he did). I want to know if there is anything I can do to get my money back

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My friends son told me about a business he does where we buy cars fix them and then sell them. I told him I was interested and gave him in cash a 1600 dollars. He waited a month after I gave him the cash to buy the car it was a suburu and he told me that in order to sell it he needed me to give him another 240 dollars more. i gave him the cash he requested in front of five witness . In front of them he also showed me the car and told me he already had someone interested in buying the vehicle.From there on he never wanted to be in contact with me and has ignored me . He refuses giving me the money back or even answer my calls. last time i heard from him he told threaten me because he was angry about me telling his mom ( my friend what he did). I want to know if there is anything I can do to get my money back
How old is your "friend's son"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">