• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can i get my truck back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tsullivan1974

What is the name of your state? indiana: i left my truck with a friend who was going to work on it, he moved and was unable to take the vehicle with him immediately or contact me for a while. the truck was locked and i had the only key, his former landlord entered the vehicle changed the locks and ignition and is saying i have to pay him $300 mechanics feesto get it back. the sherriff's office says i have no right to take the vehicle without paying him.in the meantime he is driving the vehicle without insurance on my tags. is there anyway I can get the truck back without paying out more money on it or going through a bunch of court dates? What rights does he have to do this to me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">