• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can i serve someone without a current address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kalston1

I am suing someone in Atlanta GA (fulton county)

However today my serving papers were returned to me though mail with a notice saying that the defendant no longer lives at that address. I know the persons full name, and cell phone number. Is it possible to serve someone with only this information, or is it possible for me to somehow serve the papers myself?

latigo

I am suing someone in Atlanta GA (fulton county)

is it possible for me to somehow serve the papers myself?
Georgia Code TITLE 9. CIVIL PRACTICE ACT - CHAPTERTER 11. ARTICLE 2. - COMMENCEMENT OF ACTION AND SERVICE § 9-11-4. Process

“(c) Summons -- By whom served. Process shall be served by the sheriff of the county where the action is brought or where the defendant is found, or by such sheriff's deputy, or by the marshal or sheriff of the court, or by such official's deputy, or by any citizen of the United States specially appointed by the court for that purpose, or by someone who is not a party and is not younger than 18 years of age and has been appointed as a permanent process server by the court in which the action is brought. . . “

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">