• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to collect a judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spiritwh

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

When I divorced in 2002, I was awarded an equalization payment for my part of our business in the amount of 38, 000.00. My ex, of course failed to pay and kept getting different lawyers and putting it off. My lawyer filed a motion for contempt and finally in April of this year, 2005, an agreement was made between him and lawyer and myself and my lawyer. The judgment was that he pay me 4500.00 every June 15th and September 15th until the full amount is paid. Well, he is doing nothing except spending money like wildfire. I am afraid that he is running up his credit cards and getting ready to file bankruptcy. I noticed also via public records that there is currently another ongoing suit against him for 9,000.00. I have contacted my lawyer on what I can do to get my money and she says the only thing to do is file another motion for contempt. He has gotten away with so much, I am afraid that he will get away with not paying me as well. Right now his driver's license and hunting and fishing license have been revoked for failure to pay child support.
I know he is up to something. Can you please tell me if there is anything more that I can do? Also, if he does in fact file bankruptcy, how will that effect my judgment? Please help. :( :confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

spiritwh said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

When I divorced in 2002, I was awarded an equalization payment for my part of our business in the amount of 38, 000.00. My ex, of course failed to pay and kept getting different lawyers and putting it off. My lawyer filed a motion for contempt and finally in April of this year, 2005, an agreement was made between him and lawyer and myself and my lawyer. The judgment was that he pay me 4500.00 every June 15th and September 15th until the full amount is paid. Well, he is doing nothing except spending money like wildfire. I am afraid that he is running up his credit cards and getting ready to file bankruptcy. I noticed also via public records that there is currently another ongoing suit against him for 9,000.00. I have contacted my lawyer on what I can do to get my money and she says the only thing to do is file another motion for contempt. He has gotten away with so much, I am afraid that he will get away with not paying me as well. Right now his driver's license and hunting and fishing license have been revoked for failure to pay child support.
I know he is up to something. Can you please tell me if there is anything more that I can do? Also, if he does in fact file bankruptcy, how will that effect my judgment? Please help. :( :confused:

My response:

Oh, my God! His driver's license and hunting and fishing license have been revoked?

How will he eat fish?

Has his trailer license been revoked, too?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">