• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to collect on judgment in pro se court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ttt

What is the name of your state? IL - Please guide thru steps I should take- including name of each document to file/record/serve to defendant, time statutes, and anything else I need to know to collect on a judgment in my favor on a small claim. The defendant doesn't appear to have a job or any obvious assets, and lives with her boyfriend. I am assuming I should start with a citation to discover assets. Do I have to appear in court for this, or does the judge handle this? Can I issue a citation to discover assets to third party to her boyfriend, to question him on his knowledge of her assets? Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ttt said:
What is the name of your state? IL - Please guide thru steps I should take- including name of each document to file/record/serve to defendant, time statutes, and anything else I need to know to collect on a judgment in my favor on a small claim. The defendant doesn't appear to have a job or any obvious assets, and lives with her boyfriend. I am assuming I should start with a citation to discover assets. Do I have to appear in court for this, or does the judge handle this? Can I issue a citation to discover assets to third party to her boyfriend, to question him on his knowledge of her assets? Thank you

My response:

We don't do "steps". We're not here to put you through law school. Buy a book on the subject from your local bookstore.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">