• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i find out who i can sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gacastrilloo2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida, USA

12/08/2011 Service tech came to install some parts in my Elliptical. he was someone that had come before to service the machine so i trusted him. for the most part i was with him but some time i had to do stuff. In the end he didn't install the main reason he came a pedal axle in the machine. later i found out that he stole 3 of the 4 air duster cans i had in the same box with the replacement parts. the value of the dusters is small. I called both his and the company set up the appointment but they didnt seem to care that he didn't finish his job, he hid the pedal axle in the box he told me was trash, and he might have stolen those items. i got those 4 cans about 8 days before he came.

My problem is that i sent information about this to two companies. both of them have now the information about this incident. i even got a police case number and file a report about this. as the value of the items stolen were very low i am sure nothing will happen. About i am yet to hear from them about this. I am not sure who i can sue. Which company to sue or if i have to sue the person himself? In case i sue the wrong company or person.

Thanks

Gaston A. C.

gacastrilloo2

12/07/2011 i had 4 air duster. On 12/08/2011 i have only 1 air duster. only people in my house at the time were my dad sleeping , him and myself. I heard in small claim cases i just need to tip the scale just a bit in my favor. i had written a 4 page report on the incident giving detail about what happened. 3 cans don't just move on their own. if this was a criminal case yea i support you 100% but this is a get back my 3 stolen dusters. i don't want to charge him for theft but the price of the items stolen. the 4 can where in the boxes he was looking into to get the parts. i didnt believe i have to safe guard cans of air but now i know.

Antigone*

12/07/2011 i had 4 air duster. On 12/08/2011 i have only 1 air duster. only people in my house at the time were my dad sleeping , him and myself. I heard in small claim cases i just need to tip the scale just a bit in my favor. i had written a 4 page report on the incident giving detail about what happened. 3 cans don't just move on their own. if this was a criminal case yea i support you 100% but this is a get back my 3 stolen dusters. i don't want to charge him for theft but the price of the items stolen. the 4 can where in the boxes he was looking into to get the parts.
So sue the guy in his jurisdiction. If you win, the hard part will begin.:cool:

gacastrilloo2

rely

So sue the guy in his jurisdiction. If you win, the hard part will begin.:cool:
problem is finding out who i can sue him, his company, or the company that set the appointment with the company that he works for?

those are just comment not really free advice you guys are just putting what you believe. like i would do in a chat room. unless you are lawyers and that is your legal advice.

not sure if this is the advice this forum boast about?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sue them all. I'm sure that it will be worth it.

ETA: Oops, almost forgot the :rolleyes:

Antigone*

problem is finding out who i can sue him, his company, or the company that set the appointment with the company that he works for?

those are just comment not really free advice you guys are just putting what you believe. like i would do in a chat room. unless you are lawyers and that is your legal advice.

not sure if this is the advice this forum boast about?
I liked Zigner's response better so, I've edited mine

gacastrilloo2

ok thanks for you opinion about this matter you two but if you could not trolling my post it would be appreciated. not sure if you are doing this to confuse me about what i can or can't do. This could force people to sue the wrong people base on your comments. People believing they are getting real advice or words or wisdom. I guess trolling and clowning around is funny to you doing it in this forum. comments like "like sue them all!" doesn't really help and supporting that type of behavior is also wrong.

thanks for the trolling guys and gals

Gaston

Last edited:

Antigone*

ok thanks for you opinion about this matter you two but if you could not trolling my post it would be appreciated. not sure if you are doing this to confuse me about what i can or can't do. This could force people to sue the wrong people base on your comments. People believing they are getting real advice or words or wisdom. I guess trolling and clowning around is funny to you doing it in this forum. comments like "like sue them all!" doesn't really help and supporting that type of behavior is also wrong.

Gaston
No one's slick as Gaston. No one's quick as Gaston

HIJACK TRIVIA ~ Name the movie!

Now, that is trolling. See the difference;)

Zigner

Gaston
Ok, here's the deal. You feel that you have enough evidence to prove that Bad-Guy stole your stuff. You are unsure as to who holds liability. Your response would be to sue all 3 involved parties. The courts will sort it out.

You don't really have a case against any of them...but sue away!

I'm thinking that these were hot-air cans, right? :rolleyes:

gacastrilloo2

thanks you and sorry for the misunderstanding early on.
thanks you for the advice. i didn't know that was possible but after looking some stuff up i saw you were right. sorry only forum i know and use are the video game forum with lots of kids that troll.
once again thanks you both for the advice. i didn't understand.

Beauty and the Beast is a 1991 American animated fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. The bad guy in the film who tries and kill the beast. is Gaston

Thanks
:eek:

Gaston

Antigone*

thanks you and sorry for the misunderstanding early on.
thanks you for the advice. i didn't know that was possible but after looking some stuff up i saw you were right. sorry only forum i know and use are the video game forum with lots of kids that troll.
once again thanks you both for the advice. i didn't understand.

Beauty and the Beast is a 1991 American animated fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. The bad guy in the film who tries and kill the beast. is Gaston

Thanks
:eek:

Gaston
:p:p:pGaston, you are a good sport, and in all the years I've been hosting HIJACK TRIVIA in the forum, I've never had an OP answer and win!

The prize for the day is a virtual high five to you!

I wish you well.:)

~tigi:)

Zigner

Although...it would have been nice if the OP had properly credited the material they lifted from Wikipedia ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">