• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I find someone to serve them?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Magellan

What is the name of your state? New York

Out of the blue, my roomate just cancelled her rent check. When I confronted her, so said that I should contact her lawyer. By the time I got home that day, she had moved all of her stuff and was gone. I don't have forwarding information for her, but I would like to make a small claims suit for the $500 in rent and utilities. Does anyone know what I can do?

S

seniorjudge

You need to do a little detective work.

Where would she go?

Look there.

unlucky05

Hey, Magellan,

It sounds like we are in similar situations. Do you want to talk and try to team up and help each other?

Magellan said:
What is the name of your state? New York

Out of the blue, my roomate just cancelled her rent check. When I confronted her, so said that I should contact her lawyer. By the time I got home that day, she had moved all of her stuff and was gone. I don't have forwarding information for her, but I would like to make a small claims suit for the $500 in rent and utilities. Does anyone know what I can do?

Magellan

Unlucky05....

This is what did, and it at least gave me a starting point.

If you go to Anywho.com, you can do a person search. They will give you info on their last known addresses. I was able to find her parents address.

Also, if you have their SS # you can post the debt to their credit report. I, unfortunately do not, but perhaps you were smarter than me :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">