• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get a case dismissed with prejeduce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eric2nice

Washington State.

I won’t get into details about what the case is regarding but....

My ex filed a small claims case.....she doesn’t show up to the court date....that same day she files AGAIN for a different court house.....she doesn’t show up to that date either.

If she files again how do I get a case dismissed with prejudice? When do I file the motion? Can I do it before she files a 3rd claim?
:confused:

JETX

"If she files again how do I get a case dismissed with prejudice?"
In your answer to a new filing, include the specifics of the prior actions and a claim that they are an 'abuse of legal process, intended clearly to harass'.

"When do I file the motion?"
*** You don't. You file it as an answer to a lawsuit filing.

"Can I do it before she files a 3rd claim?"
*** Since you don't know where it might happen, no.

E

eric2nice

Thanks!

Hmmm, what if I knew where she was gonna file?

E

eric2nice

You said since I dont know where she might file I cant do anything. In my area you have to file in the same place for all the courts (small claims only I believe). Is there something I can do since I know where she's gonna go?

JETX

In your first post, you said she "files AGAIN for a different court house."

Now, you are saying that you know what court she uses.

In any case, you could file a lawsuit against her to recover any monetary damages you have incurred due to her filings. However, if you haven't been 'damaged', you will have to wait for her to file anew.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">