• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i go about suing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agrayrose

What is the name of your state? Mass
How do I take someone to court? Can I just go down to my local courthouse and fill out paperwork? Do i have to go to where it happened or the town that they live in? Thanks
Does it cost $ to file papers?

seniorjudge

Q: How do I take someone to court?

A: Read the answers below.

Q: Can I just go down to my local courthouse and fill out paperwork?

A: If it is small claims, they probably have forms down there for you to use.

Q: Do i have to go to where it happened or the town that they live in?

A: I would go to the place where the bad guys live; it will be easier for you to serve them there.

Q: Does it cost $ to file papers?

A: You're kidding, right?

beta

where have you been??? Everything costs money!! Do you think you can sue someone for free?? It would be best to file in the district/township where the person you plan on suing lives!!

racer72

Better yet, if you are this clueless on how the system works, see a local attorney. Many will give you a free consultation.

Lisa-NJ

:confused: Before you attempt to sue someone it would be best to educate yourself on the Law. It is apparent just by you asking if there is a cost involved in trying to sue someone, you are clueless. You better examine all your facts before proceeding with anything. You may find out you have no case at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">