• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I present evidence/witnesses in court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hddon

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

I am involved in a civil suit- how do I go about presenting witnesses or evidence on my behalf? This is the 2nd time I have gone to court over this issue- during the last case- the lawyer for the defendant objected to me introducing material. I need to make certain that I follow the guidelines for submitting information etc.

Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hddon said:
What is the name of your state? New Mexico

I am involved in a civil suit- how do I go about presenting witnesses or evidence on my behalf? This is the 2nd time I have gone to court over this issue- during the last case- the lawyer for the defendant objected to me introducing material. I need to make certain that I follow the guidelines for submitting information etc.

Thank you

My response:

Translation = "Will you teach me how to practice law, and specifically, teach me the Rules of Evidence for New Mexico?"

No.

Do you have a specific question about a specific law? Unless you do, there's no one here who is going to put you through law school.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

coosi said:

My response:

Coosi, did you read that link?

If you did, you would have noticed that the section concerning "evidence" is an extreme summary - - very nearly useless. If the entire "Evidence Code" could be summarized into the two paragraphs in that "overview", then the practice of law would surely be so much easier! But, it's not.

What was the evidence in the first trial?

What was the objection to that evidence in the first trial?

What has changed about that evidence that will make it admissible now?

IAAL

C

coosi

IAAL,

No. My technique is search, skim, copy, paste, point :D

Even if I had read it thoroughly, I probably would not have realized it was useless. But, then "useless" is subjective, eh? ;)

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

coosi said:
IAAL,

But, then "useless" is subjective, eh?

==============================

My response:

No, it's actually "objective." As an attorney, I'm very familiar with evidence, and evidentiary rules. So, in my case, it's objective.

IAAL

H

hddon

Thanks

Obviously this forum is not what it claims to be. Free legal advice. I do appreciate the fact that you have affirmed my preconceived notions of

attorney=pompous

Thank you, I certainly hope you didn't waste too many of your prescious brain cells on responding to my question, objective or subjective as it may have been. But then. as an attorney, you should be more than "familiar" with evidence and evidenciary rules.

For the individual who objected to my not hiring an attorney to level the playing field - no comment- your statement speaks volumes for your character.

Good day

HomeGuru

Re: Thanks

hddon said:
Obviously this forum is not what it claims to be. Free legal advice. I do appreciate the fact that you have affirmed my preconceived notions of

attorney=pompous

Thank you, I certainly hope you didn't waste too many of your prescious brain cells on responding to my question, objective or subjective as it may have been. But then. as an attorney, you should be more than "familiar" with evidence and evidenciary rules.

For the individual who objected to my not hiring an attorney to level the playing field - no comment- your statement speaks volumes for your character.

Good day
**A: you are a big joke. You have mispelled a couple words and good luck when you attempt to follow the Rules of Evidence and goof up on your spelling.

C

coosi

These were relevant questions. Answering them might get you some answers...

What was the evidence in the first trial?

What was the objection to that evidence in the first trial?

What has changed about that evidence that will make it admissible now?

H

hddon

Good day

Tsk tsk, going for the jugular vein, are we?

Have a good day in spite of yourself;)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Good day

hddon said:
Tsk tsk, going for the jugular vein, are we?

=========================

My response:

Yes, it's "tsk tst" for you. Even though those were my questions, don't bother answering them. You're on your own, baby!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">