• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I serve someone when they have a no contact order against me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

have a no contact order with my ex. She owes me $7,500. The no contact order was brought in Washington state and now we both live in Oregon state. I want to take her to small claims court but I don't know her new address. How do I go about getting her new address and not violate my no contact order? Waiting until the no contact order is up isn't an option and I cannot afford an attorney.
You may need permission from the court to even file (when you do find her)...

kaine

That was a really bad attempt at adding space.

are you familiar with punctuation and paragraphs?
Jesus, I needed advice on law not an uppity english teacher. You kept trying to get extra information instead of giving any advice. Well thanks for not helping, I will get my information from a source that is NOT incompetent. Thanks.

kaine

You may need permission from the court to even file (when you do find her)...
i dont need permission to file i need to find out how to serve someone without personally getting the address. omg does anyone on here actually read the posts?

Proserpina

i dont need permission to file i need to find out how to serve someone without personally getting the address. omg does anyone on here actually read the posts?

You've been here 5 years. You should know.

How many threads have you deleted?

justalayman

your complaint of not being able to get the address personally makes no sense. Try a phone book or any of a dozen internet services that provide names and addresses of people.

If there is a non-contact order against you, there is almost assuredly an address attached to that which you are restricted from going to.

Quit whining and do something to figure out her address. It really isn't that hard if you know much of anything about the person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">