• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I subpeona?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ahinatl

What is the name of your state? GEORGIA

My ex-father-in-law placed a lien on my vehicle by forging my name on the title (apparently provided to him by my ex-husband). We are scheduled for an administrative hearing in three weeks to discuss the case. He claims he has documents that prove his case.

I have the right (according to the documents I received from the court) to subpeona him. What I want to know is how do I go about doing a subpeona for the documents he claims he has? I suspect he "doctored" up some documents by cutting a pasting my signature. I don't know what documents he has so I need to know how to subpeona when I don't really know what I'm asking for or how to go about asking.

thanks!

BL

Try contacting the Clerk's Office for the Court . Tell them you want to subpoena any and all records regarding this vehicle .

Generally you would write a request for subpoena of any and all records pertaining to the case , take it to the Clerk of that Court . That clerk would send it a Judge to be either approved or denied . You would then have to serve the party with the subpoena .

Again the Clerk should be able to help you .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">