• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does business insurance work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fuller101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I have a small claims case against a business and their insurance company contacted me and ask for information about the case what happen and why I should get the money I'm requesting I sent him a statement pictures and the police report and even told home that I would sattle for 2700 rather then the 3000 in the sue he contacted the shop owner and told me that he didn't want to sattle and that the ower will answer the sue a got to court on his own
I never deal with a insurance company other then a auto accident in which the insurance company pays the planttiff and does not have to ask the car owner before they do this what's different in this case and how does this look on my side good are bad the insurance person I talked to did admit to me that the ower is some what at fault

OHRoadwarrior

If they do not settle, you go to court. The business owner will be there with an attorney from the insurance co. The attorney will handle their portion of the case. The judge/magistrate will decide what, if anything is due to you.

Fuller101

Thats what I would think but the insurance rep email me that the owner would defend his self for what reason would that happen did the insurance company not want to go to court but the ower did are is the owner not insured for the damages

OHRoadwarrior

If the insurance company chooses to not have a representative there, that is their option. I suspect they just are not telling you one will show up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">