• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to Drop a Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Keithrty34

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

How would someone go about dropping a case they filed at a local magistrate office? The docket number starts with NT. And the charge says harassment - course of conduct w/no legitimate purpose. It is a summary trial notice. The defendant pled not guilty you and it says there is a sum of zero dollars which has been collected as collateral.

The person I pressed charges on did harass me but after talking to several people they say I might get in trouble for even brining this case in the first place. What happened was this person is my ex-husbands girlfriend and she goes to his house with their kid to visit him and my ex-husband has full physical and legal custody of our child and I went over my ex's house with my boyfriend to see my child and her and her kid were there and when I came up to the door she started yelling at me and tried to throw things at me. I know she would lie and try to say that that's what I did but I didn't. This also happened a couple days later where my boyfriend and I try to go over my ex-husband's house to visit my kid and I saw my ex-husband, his girlfriend, and their child all taking a nice little walk together. And the custody papers I have with my ex-husband it does say that he has primary physical and sole legal custody, it says that we will share joint custody when both parties agree, and no where in the paper does it say about visitation. I'm bringing this all up because I want to see if I really can get in trouble for going over my exes house to visit my kid when this happened. Now both days my kid was at school but I would usually go over my ex-husband's house when his girlfriend wasn't there and hang out all day until my kid got home from school and it was never a problem before. My kid does not visit me at my home because my boyfriend and I live with my mother and the house is small.

So I want to know if I can get in trouble for filing a harassment case against her and how would I go about dropping it?

Now I'm afraid my ex-husband's girlfriend is going to try to say I harassed her and I don't need the drama.

Last edited:

adjusterjack

I don't understand what's going on.

Has the girlfriend been charged with a crime?

Or are you seeking a restraining order and waiting on a hearing?

At any rate, after the first time this happened, didn't you have enough common sense to figure out that it would be best to call your ex in advance when you want to visit your child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">