• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to fight a claim of exemption on bank levy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

areal25

hello,

I could really really use some help please. I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

I won my small claims case in California almost a year ago. I sued my ex boyfriend. I did a idiotic thing and signed for him to get a motorcycle, because he had poor credit. Once our relationship ended , he stopped paying the monthly payments. Thinking ahead I made him sign a contract, basically stating he would pay the bike in full, no exemptions.

I've been trying to get my money from him, but failed. ( I have a message from him saying that I won't be getting any money from him so good luck keep trying)

I recently filed a bank levy. Only to receive a letter stating he claimed exemption for bank levy. Under codes: Social Security: CCP 704.080 / Insurance CCP 704.010 / Earnings CCP 704.070

I then filed EJ 175 and WG 010 and now have a court case to fight his claim of exemption.

Background information about him. He lies to receive food stamps, says he's unemployed and a student. (neither of which are true) then sells them for cash. He also absues the IRS . He finds people who don't speak good english and/or have a lot of kids. Gets their information, then files their taxes. Uses his bank account information. He then receives their tax refund. Cashes out not even half of the refund and gives it to the individual.

Him and I were in a relationship for several years . I've seen this happen , over and over again. But I only have my word of mouth, i don't have concrete evidence.

He says he only makes 800 a month which isn't true. He's a high manager at a retail store and makes well over that amount.

I need help. How can I win this case ? He's manipulative and good at lying. The odds aren't in my favor, but I really need help.

It's so frustrating, I'm just trying to get what I'm owed but he just keeps lying. Please help me
Thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
hello,

I could really really use some help please. I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

I won my small claims case in California almost a year ago. I sued my ex boyfriend. I did a idiotic thing and signed for him to get a motorcycle, because he had poor credit. Once our relationship ended , he stopped paying the monthly payments. Thinking ahead I made him sign a contract, basically stating he would pay the bike in full, no exemptions.

I've been trying to get my money from him, but failed. ( I have a message from him saying that I won't be getting any money from him so good luck keep trying)

I recently filed a bank levy. Only to receive a letter stating he claimed exemption for bank levy. Under codes: Social Security: CCP 704.080 / Insurance CCP 704.010 / Earnings CCP 704.070

I then filed EJ 175 and WG 010 and now have a court case to fight his claim of exemption.

Background information about him. He lies to receive food stamps, says he's unemployed and a student. (neither of which are true) then sells them for cash. He also absues the IRS . He finds people who don't speak good english and/or have a lot of kids. Gets their information, then files their taxes. Uses his bank account information. He then receives their tax refund. Cashes out not even half of the refund and gives it to the individual.

Him and I were in a relationship for several years . I've seen this happen , over and over again. But I only have my word of mouth, i don't have concrete evidence.

He says he only makes 800 a month which isn't true. He's a high manager at a retail store and makes well over that amount.

I need help. How can I win this case ? He's manipulative and good at lying. The odds aren't in my favor, but I really need help.

It's so frustrating, I'm just trying to get what I'm owed but he just keeps lying. Please help me
Thank you
If he's a "high manager" at a retail store, then his income is being reported.
As to the shenanigans with the taxes, etc...you were fine with it for several years and now you're not?

areal25

If he's a "high manager" at a retail store, then his income is being reported.
As to the shenanigans with the taxes, etc...you were fine with it for several years and now you're not?
Truth be told , when you're in an abusive relationship you're brainwashed. I admit I was. I was just more concerned with not getting him mad. Hence, not asking questions. I never truly understood the full extent of the issue. I already reported him on both accounts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">