• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to file claim to get belongings from Storage Unti

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reedanielle

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I am married and my wife and I put our things in storage. We are now getting a divorce, and The storage is in her name and she has left the state and I do not know where. The storage facility even though we are married will not give me any information on the unit account if it is current, late vacated NOTHING. I am not authorized person on the account and therefore they could not tell me anything until she adds me on the storage. I showed my marriage certificate and asked if there is any way I can get it in, or to ensure my things are safe. I even offered to pay 2 months on the spot and they stated it is a civil manner. How do I go about getting access to my things? My wife will not give me the access code to gate or the keys and she claims she doesn't remember.

Any advice you may have I would be grateful. My daughter and I are sleeping on a friends couch as we have only a week worth of clothes and NOTHING else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">