• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to file a motion to appeal!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NappyLou

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Indiana

I would like to know what is the procedure to file a motion to appeal a court order judgement. I need to have the court to summons a person to appear, because they have committed a fraud that affected the outcome in a previous ruling. I wish to take this person back to court and have the order reversed. When calling the court, all they keep telling me is to get a lawyer to do it, but I cannot afford one at this time. Thank you for any advice on how to get the ball rolling.

Nappy Lou :(

S

seniorjudge

NappyLou said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Indiana

I would like to know what is the procedure to file a motion to appeal a court order judgement. I need to have the court to summons a person to appear, because they have committed a fraud that affected the outcome in a previous ruling. I wish to take this person back to court and have the order reversed. When calling the court, all they keep telling me is to get a lawyer to do it, but I cannot afford one at this time. Thank you for any advice on how to get the ball rolling.

Nappy Lou :(
Generally, you have to file a motion for a new trial and, if it is not granted, then you file a notice of appeal.

You will have to read your state's court rules for specifics.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">