• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to get a judgement over turned?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessco

What is the name of your state?Florida
someone filed a judgement against me. I have no way to pay the person off. He is not able to be located. he moved and did not give myself or the court a forwarding adress. how do i get the judgement over turned? please someone help me.

BL

jessco said:
What is the name of your state?Florida
someone filed a judgement against me. I have no way to pay the person off. He is not able to be located. he moved and did not give myself or the court a forwarding adress. how do i get the judgement over turned? please someone help me.
Filing and an award by the Court are two different parts of the process .

jessco

i do not understand. in 1999 i owed him 1,200. now i owe him something like 2,500 because of interest. how do i overturn this award from the court to him from me, if he can't be located?

BL

Well, you could direct your concerns to the Court , maybe you could " PAY " the amount to the Court , or put it in an escrow account , satisfying your obligations to the Court Order . Therefore satisfying the CRA's .

Ask the Clerk of the Court , or better yet spent 50 bucks for a consult w/ a local Attorney that handles small claims , or Gen . matters .

Look up top this Pg. for find an Attorney now ..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">