• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how much should i make her pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

x26she03x

What is the name of your state? california

I had posted a forum previouly about my ex best friend and our roomate situation. (roommate and ex best friend=no rent money). No one applied back. My real question is how much should i let/make her pay without having to take her to small claims court. I would rather it be settled out of court but she doesnt understand how much money we had to fork up cause of her. I guess its not that she doesnt understand its that she doesnt care. Let me tell you that it was close to 1400 for 2 months of rent utilities and that she was supposed but pay for. Now she wants to just pay the one month of November and then the 3 days in December.. So thats 437.25 (not including utilities) but cause of her not paying we had to and thats 794.00 right there that she signed a lease to pay. I dont know if legally we have to let her pay that or if we can get her for both months. Then when it comes to utlities do i have to pro rate decembers bill too (into 3 days). When it comes to breaking the contract, can we get her for the full 500 since it was her fault why we had to move or can we only get her for half. Also her stuff is still here and we moved into a different apt in the middle of december. shes basically using us as a storage facility, can we charge her?. we have told her several times to come get her stuff or well throw it out. of course i didnt cause im a softy and have been friends with her since 1st grade .. but thats what got us into this mess in the first place and let her take advantage of us. she supposedly is coming to pick up her things friday feb 4th but thats the same thing she told us everyday from nov till dec 3rd about rent. someone please help

S

seniorjudge

"... My real question is how much should i let/make her pay without having to take her to small claims court...."

Add up what you think she owes you and ask her for it.

If she doesn't pay, take her to small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">