• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much time do you have to file

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

honeybee66

What is the name of your state? OREGON

We are wondering how long does a person have to file a claim for small claims court in the State of Oregon? So if we purchased the item in June how long do we have before it can no longer be filed.

Is it considered Fraud if you are sold a used hot tub from a Store told it was a 1999/2000 model and it turns out its a 1993? The store will not refund us our money saying we bought it used even though our receipt says its a 1999/2000 model. He says when you buy something used you get what you get no matter what.

Thank you

Honeybee66

seniorjudge

honeybee66 said:
What is the name of your state? OREGON

We are wondering how long does a person have to file a claim for small claims court in the State of Oregon? So if we purchased the item in June how long do we have before it can no longer be filed.

Is it considered Fraud if you are sold a used hot tub from a Store told it was a 1999/2000 model and it turns out its a 1993? The store will not refund us our money saying we bought it used even though our receipt says its a 1999/2000 model. He says when you buy something used you get what you get no matter what.

Thank you

Honeybee66
You must have actual and direct dollar damages to file in small claims court. File as soon as possible if you think you have these damages.

http://www.osbar.org/public/pamphlets/smallclaims.html

honeybee66

Finding out how long we have to file.

I hope I am doing this correctly. The reason I am asking about how long we have to file a claim is becasue right now it is in a dispute with our credit card. They can't give me a dead line as to when this will be concluded since the Merchant is fighting it. I dont understand how he intends to prove that we own a 1999/2000 hot tub when the factory told us by the serial number that it is a 1993. Anyway this is why I am asking what the time limit is to claim a small claims because it will have been a year in June. How do we find out this information? I have asked several people including the small claims court and they wont tell me? They say there not allowed to tell me that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">