• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how much time to start act for small claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sarah12345

What is the name of your state? CA

how much time do i have to start acting for small claim?
I talked with an attorney, he told me, i have 4 months time for this to start.
Maybe i have to collect my money, i gave in the bankaccount of my partner, i lost, with an attourney, because i have a verbal agreeement (i have some paper for the transfer on the same date and the same summ, but not underwritten paper with a name (no contract).
My partner (we are engaged and committed for marrige) died.
- I have to do now with a greedy family member, who ignores me. And this, for all my doing and caring for 2 sick people. Thats a good thank.
Therefore i ll fight for my right.
When i do small claims, i have to be personal for a hearing there, but i live in Europe (i have family in USA and Canada, i visit), and its too expancive to fly to the USA for this, so what can i do?
Can i name a trusted person or an attourney, to be personal for me there for the hearing in small claims?
Is it better to do not small claims -and i go with an attourney, because the attourney, i talked with, told me, i have to write my bill also for all my working and doing there -than the summe is more as for small claims. (But i know, that i dont can t work in USA as an europian, so it will be complicate.) -I will write a bill, for having a document what its worthy.
I did really all this work and caring, lost my money. -I have a good document for what i done from an important and trust person.
It will be important to me, to know, when i get over an attourney, how much time i have to start this, because i have no money now, it would be better to start in a few months or later. Do i have a chance? The attourney says yes. But i better ask you once more for this.
Because i have not the money to pay for this without a chance.
It would be very kind, when i get some answers from experts, thank you so much -and kind greetings Sarah

Last edited:

JETX

Sarah12345 said:
how much time do i have to start acting for small claim?
Depends on the director. Some insist that your start acting the minute you get on the set... others wait until after the first meal.

I talked with an attorney, he told me, i have 4 months time for this to start.
Was he an entertainment attorney??

The person is dead.
Hmmm.. that will make his testimony a little unusual. Take a camera!!

I ll make it here without my emotions, its hard for me.
You can buy replacement emotions at the pawn shop... hardly used at all.

We are committed
Sounds VERY likely.

We would be married before dead
Good. Kind of hard to say "I do" AFTER you are dead!!

And this, for all my doing and caring for 2 thick people.
Care for skinny people. They are much more appreciative!!!

but i live in Europe (i have family in USA and Canada, i visit), and its too expancive to fly to the USA for this, so what can i do?
Check to see what the train or bus schedule is. Will save you LOTS of rubles!!!

Can i name a trusted person or an attourney, to do this for me?
Yes. Anyone can purchase your tickets for you.

divgradcurl

Attorneys are not allowed to represent indivduals in small claims court in California. If you want to sue in a CA small claims court, you'll need to appear in person. If the cost to come here for the case is too high, well, that's a decision you will have to make for yourself.

Statute of limitations for actions based on a written contract is 4 years; it's 2 years for oral contracts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">