• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to place a value on item that was sold without permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kellee40

I live in California. I stored a cement mixer on someones property with their permission, no length of time discussed. This was appros. 6 mos. ago. I found out today that they sold it for $120. It is worth a lot more, especially to me as I am a contractor and needed it to build my new home. Sheriffs office told me to file in small claims court. How to I go about placing a value on it?

TigerD

I live in California. I stored a cement mixer on someones property with their permission, no length of time discussed. This was appros. 6 mos. ago. I found out today that they sold it for $120. It is worth a lot more, especially to me as I am a contractor and needed it to build my new home. Sheriffs office told me to file in small claims court. How to I go about placing a value on it?
Purchase price less depreciation.

TD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">