• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to Server Best Buy Co inc, In Small Claims Court, Burlingame CA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VladKSF

The sticker says Microsoft Office 365! And this is a fraud, because as Microsoft representative said to me (and it was pretty clear in plain English) they did not authorize any Dell affiliate to put this sticker on the product, do not have any agreement about it, so they do not take any responsibility!

VladKSF

There's no obligation for Best Buy to take back the computer EVER. I can tell you unless the machine is defective right out of the box and you return it immediately, they won't refund you. Laptops are one of their real loss leader/fraud issues. They have large, prominent signs in the store informing you of their policies on that. You'll have to deal with Dell.

If you're bent on suing them, you will have to serve them in the address I gave in LA. I don't think you have much of a chance.
With all respect I totally disagree!!!! Totally!!!!
I just read receipt again and again, and it says that product could be returned in 14 days !!!!
Is it a blatant lie, or why should best buy write it? If you are telling truth, than they should write: if you see obvious defects, the product should be returned right away before you left the shop, otherwise it's yours. They do not put it this way. they say that it could be returned in 14 days! And they don not say that it should have been defective for you to have right to return it!!! where is the truth? Somebody should be clear about expressing themselves

VladKSF

EG: Goodwill initially warns: all deals are final! And no person on Earth has any bad word about Goodwill for adopting such policy, we are all grateful for what they are doing. Like Best Buy, they are corporation too - no matter for profit, not for profit. Nobody forced Best Buy with guns to write that they are accepting returns within 14 days! But if adopt such policy, and write about it everywhere they can, they should stand by it!

FlyingRon

Look Vlad, if you can't be civil, I'm not staying here to be abused. It would appear your disposition may be part of the poroblem.

VladKSF

What was not civil? I never rise my voice, and I do not have 10% of your opportunities. I just can not protect myself and I may be wrong, but I see it as your desire to find a way of finding/proving that I am a bad guy. Sorry, I may be wrong again

VladKSF

I mean that you never tried to look it from my perspective, but use all your power, knowledge and education (which due to my situation I do not have) to prove everybody that I am a bad guy.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why would you expect to return a perfectly good computer over a matter of $150? Yes, $150 per year for the TOP LEVEL of Office 365 Business. Heck, for $99 per year or $60 per year, you can STILL get business versions of Office 365. https://products.office.com/en-us/business/compare-office-365-for-business-plans

Ask Best Buy to help with this cost...

VladKSF

I want to return it (1) because it was misrepresented at the moment of transaction (2) Best Buy Co Inc promises such option. It has Microsoft Office sticker on it, and I can not use ANY office product. If you were to buy a car with Volvo logo, which happens to be Li-Fan wouldn't you like to return it?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I want to return it (1) because it was misrepresented at the moment of transaction (2) Best Buy Co Inc promises such option. It has Microsoft Office sticker on it, and I can not use ANY office product. If you were to buy a car with Volvo logo, which happens to be Li-Fan wouldn't you like to return it?
I doubt that you can't use any Office product on it. If that is the case, then it means that you don't have a valid copy of WINDOWS.

In the future, buy a Mac ;)

VladKSF

Thank you, Zigner! So far I can not, but it is generally I am frustrated bc of this misrepresentation. I only bought laptop because of this sticker. Because I have good class Google Chromebook and I am generally satisfied with it - it is literally faster than lightning, has good memory etc. Just a few things Google still need to work on (1) Occasionally I need APA style formatting, and it is still waaay easier with Word (2) I am used to certain features in Photo/page editing in Publisher and other Microsoft products (3) Chromebook does not work well with my scanner/printer.

So, actually, it was Office, not laptop what I needed, that is why sticker was a reason to buy.
Thank you

VladKSF

I am very very sorry for taking your time and my emotions, but it looks like from the 3d attempt everything is resolved. Please understand me, I just freaked out when representative told that sticker was fraudulent. I called third time to clarify the situation, and from the third attempt last representative was able to resolve all the problems.

Of course I was only motivated by injustice and misrepresentation, as it was presented to me by last Microsoft representative from India.
Now looks that everything is OK and I can work. Thank you again and again for every bodies support. Really hope not to appear here any time soon, but forum looks great, and if i have right impression, you can get better advises than on many expensive consultations.

I don't know why two Microsoft reps told strange things, but never mind!

VladKSF

I am coming from CCCP where fraud and scams were on the State and government level + I happened to be in the military prison for disobeying the order in that amazing country, so I am so very grateful to US for saving me from that hell. And I am also super sensitive to everything which reminds me my former motherland.
Thank you again

Proserpina

I am coming from CCCP where fraud and scams were on the State and government level + I happened to be in the military prison for disobeying the order in that amazing country, so I am so very grateful to US for saving me from that hell. And I am also super sensitive to everything which reminds me my former motherland.
Thank you again
That speaks volumes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">