• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am being sued for 5000...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bribri42980

NH: My ex and I bought a car together; I traded in my car and it ended up being an upside down loan. We split up and she hounded me until i gave her the car back. She had it voluntarily repoed; i was given no choice. After it was auctioned off she had a different loan taken out to pay the remaining balance which is NOT under my name now at all; but i did not know this until two months ago. I had been paying continuously b/c I thought it was under my name as well. When i discovered that it was no longer under my name I told her that i was done paying it as I cannot afford it. Now she is suing me for 5000 +court fees. What can i do? what is my best defense??? and does she have a case????

HomeGuru

NH: My ex and I bought a car together; I traded in my car and it ended up being an upside down loan. We split up and she hounded me until i gave her the car back. She had it voluntarily repoed; i was given no choice. After it was auctioned off she had a different loan taken out to pay the remaining balance which is NOT under my name now at all; but i did not know this until two months ago. I had been paying continuously b/c I thought it was under my name as well. When i discovered that it was no longer under my name I told her that i was done paying it as I cannot afford it. Now she is suing me for 5000 +court fees. What can i do? what is my best defense??? and does she have a case????
**A: you have no defense.

bribri42980

Help I am being sued....

She is saying that I have an outstanding with her as a result of a vehicle purchase a repo. and that I am refusing to pay on. The vehicle had been purchased in March 2004 in both names with a loan of 8400 being rolled into this loan. Due to the inability to pay and dissolution of the relationship she had the car voluntarily repoed. The vehicle went to auction and the remaining balance "was agreed upon" that I would pay..(However she has held my possesions as "collateral" A laptop which she broke, a big screen TV, Top of the line stereo equip at the time.) I was paying the loan for two reasons...She was holding my stuff and I thought that the loan was in my name. She states that I am refusing to pay which has an outstanding balance of 5611.

tranquility

She is saying that I have an outstanding with her
An outstanding what?
as a result of a vehicle purchase a repo.
What is that?
and that I am refusing to pay on.
Back to the WHAT again.
The vehicle had been purchased in March 2004 in both names with a loan of 8400 being rolled into this loan.
This is more of a why than a what.
Due to the inability to pay and dissolution of the relationship she had the car voluntarily repoed.
This is a more of a huh? than anything else.
The vehicle went to auction and the remaining balance "was agreed upon" that I would pay..(However she has held my possesions as "collateral" A laptop which she broke, a big screen TV, Top of the line stereo equip at the time.)
Collateral. Great. I guess this gets down to a what?
I was paying the loan for two reasons...She was holding my stuff and I thought that the loan was in my name.
Aren't you supposed to pay loans in your name?
She states that I am refusing to pay which has an outstanding balance of 5611.
I agree. What is your point?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">