• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i am planning on appealing a judegement against me...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slim779

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

i am planning on apealing a judgement against me in small claims. My ex (plaintiff) won a case of $7000 on a car valued $14000. There is still a loan amount of $6600. She paid the car for 2years on the loan while she was driving it in the amount of around $8500 total. I made $6300 downpayment on the car and been paying 18months payment on the car totalling $13000. How is it fair that she gets most of it back? Meaning i lose what i invested on the car? she gets half the value on the car when i invested way more than her? If i sell the car now, i have to give bank $6600 and i am left with $7400 and i have to give $7000 to her? she used the car and made payments on the car but they still awarded her almost all of what she paid when she was driving it for 2yrs. what about the depreciation value, and wear and tear, also mileage on the vehicle?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

i am planning on apealing a judgement against me in small claims. My ex (plaintiff) won a case of $7000 on a car valued $14000. There is still a loan amount of $6600. She paid the car for 2years on the loan while she was driving it in the amount of around $8500 total. I made $6300 downpayment on the car and been paying 18months payment on the car totalling $13000. How is it fair that she gets most of it back? Meaning i lose what i invested on the car? she gets half the value on the car when i invested way more than her? If i sell the car now, i have to give bank $6600 and i am left with $7400 and i have to give $7000 to her? she used the car and made payments on the car but they still awarded her almost all of what she paid when she was driving it for 2yrs. what about the depreciation value, and wear and tear, also mileage on the vehicle?
Are you on here with a specific legal question, or are you just venting?

racer72

You need a legal justification for an appeal. You can't appeal just because you did not like the decision. What is your specific reason for an appeal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">