• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i was cheated out of money anyone think they can help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yususf shleibak

What is the name of your state? georgia
i took my car to a mechanic who asked for the money firstso i gave it to him and got a reciept he has a buisness license but the more i think about it i think he was trying to fix my car under the table he had my car for 2 months now and hasn't worked on it and now he is refusing to pay me back the money is there anything i can do to make him pay and now i got to take it to another plave and pay more money not to include the money i have been paying for rides total he cost me at least 1500$ and i think he broke the law and at least owes me the 700$ but i would like to find a way to be compincated for some of the rest i don't think he should be able to run his buissness this way

stephenk

why won't he let you take your car back? How do you know he hasnt done any work on the car?

If you can take your car back, do so. Then file a small claims action against him and the body shop where he works at for a refund.

Y

yususf shleibak

he is the owner of the shop and so far iv been waiting to get my money back so that i can take my car back but i thought it would be even harder for me to prove that he did it without the car beeing in his possession
plus i can't afford to tow it i had just got ripped off from another mechanic is why i had to take it to this guy it has put me in a financial strain but i never did anything about the first mechanic i just got taken and let it go

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">