• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was conned!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

auctionutopia

What is the name of your state? Nevada
I was scammed out of $1000 by someone stating he was an attorney ( recently found out i wasnt his only victim)
along with the money he has a huge file of paperwork i need to help in my real estate case that he refuses to return.
He has been using an alias- all i have is a cell phone number and aol email address to verify identy.
my question is- the computer he used, the address used for meetings and phone he used all comes back to a man that is apparantly his employer. is there any law that requires his employer to release his name or identity for me to pursue my case- or can he be held liable for anything since the con took place at his home?
any help or pointing in the right direction would help.

auctionutopia

all i can give them is his alias that is why i am asking about the employer - it is the only real info i have

thanks for responding

Some Random Guy

all i can give them is his alias that is why i am asking about the employer - it is the only real info i have
And that's why you should get the police involved. The police can be far more effective in questioning the employer than you. Also, if you are not the only victim, try to find out who the others are. The police will be more likely to investigate a string of crimes than a single one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">